mindfulness for enhanced performance
• Working individuals who are interested to integrate mindfulness into their work life to enhance their performance
Duration: Two-and-a-half hours per session x four sessions
You will learn how mindfulness can be applied at your workplace. Mindfulness practices in the workplace enable us to be aware of the thoughts and emotions we experience, from moment to moment. This enhances our ability to focus on what is positive, creative and energising, building resilience in handling the challenges of work life.
You will be introduced to mindful communication techniques and develop empathy with kindness and compassion. Applying mindfulness tools translates to higher levels of well-being for the individual and promotes harmony, teamwork and higher productivity in an organisation.
• Reduction in stress
• More positive communications
• Better teamwork
• Increase in productivity
• Better sleep quality
What will you learn?
• Enhancing self-awareness and developing positive attitudes
• Understanding and dealing with the sources of negative stress
• Mindful listening and mindful speech for positive communications
• Developing empathy for enhanced teamwork
What is included?
• Guidance on mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
• Group dialogue and discussions
• Daily mindfulness assignments
• Downloadable daily practice audio files
• Handouts of each session
($50 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
* NSA-subsidy eligibility: Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course.
Enhance Your Performance with Mindfulness: J. Carter (credits to Rotman School of Management)