This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out how Brahm Centre Ltd will manage Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”).
A. Personal Data
“Personal Data” as used in this Policy includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access to.
Some examples of Personal Data you may provide to us from time to time include (depending on the type/nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, telephone number, address, email and any other information which was supplied by you to us in any form or mode of communication.
By submitting Personal Data to us, interacting with us or accessing websites related to us, you agree and consent to our collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves, your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. “You” or “your” means any individual (as defined under the Act).
This Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to Brahm Centre in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
C. Collection, Use, and Disclosure
We may receive or collect Personal Data from you in one or more of the following ways:
- when you apply to be a volunteer online through our website or through our printed forms;
- when you donate to Brahm Centre online through the SG Gives portal or through an Interbank GIRO form;
- when you register for or attend any of our activities or talks;
- when you contact us or request that we contact you;
- CCTV recordings when you visit our premises;
- photo takings/video recordings during Brahm Centre’s events at our or other premises;
- when you apply for or enquire about employment with Brahm Centre; or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for:
- processing your donations;
- preparing the attendance list for activities or talks which you have registered for;
- responding to your enquiries and requests;
- considering you or assessing your suitability for employment;
- conducting marketing and communication activities, including posting on our website or social media or inclusion into videos and marketing collaterals;
- meeting legal, regulatory or other requirements or ensuring compliance with our internal policies; and
- any purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
We will not use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you, nor for any purpose which is not permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
In order to carry out the functions described above, Brahm Centre may, from time to time, disclose your Personal Data to Brahm Centre volunteers and agents.
When you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party (eg. your spouse, child, parent, friend etc.), by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes listed above.
D. Accuracy, Protection, and Retention
As we rely on the Personal Data to carry out the above purposes, you should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
Brahm Centre staff shall use reasonable endeavours to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe all Personal Data collected, stored, disclosed or used.
We will retain your Personal Data to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid, and for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
E. Contacting Us
You may withdraw your consent given to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or request for access or make corrections to your Personal Data held by us, by giving us reasonable notice. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all of the purposes and depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to be able to carry out or meet any of the purposes stated above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you wish to do any of the above, please contact Brahm Centre as follows:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Brahm Centre Ltd
47 Scotts Road #04-02A, Goldbell Towers, S228233
Tel: +65 6610 3870
This Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.