mindfulness foundation course
• People who have little or no knowledge of mindfulness and wish to learn more
• Attendance at all four sessions is expected, with a recommended duration of at least 15 minutes of daily practice
Duration: Two hours per session x four sessions
You will learn how to train the mind to purposefully pay attention to the present, without judging the experience. You will be introduced to the connection between the mind and the body, explore the habits of the mind, investigate stress triggers and one’s reactivity, and understand anxiety and its impact. You will also learn how to cultivate kindness towards yourself and others.
• Greater awareness of the body and mind
• Improved sleep quality
• Reduction of stress and anxiety
• A more positive mindset
• Enhancement of relationships
What will you learn?
Session 1: Introduction to mindfulness
Session 2: Learning to be present
Session 3: Understanding our storytelling minds
Session 4: Cultivating kindness
What is included?
• Guidance on mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
• Group dialogue and discussions
• Daily mindfulness assignments
• Downloadable daily practice audio files
($32 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
* NSA-subsidy eligibility: Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course.