As a charity dedicated to promoting happier and healthier living, we have many ongoing community outreach initiatives and we require your continued support! Whatever your skills, interests, or passion, we will match them to the positions available. The possibilities are endless, and there’s something for everyone. Volunteer with us for a fulfilling and rewarding experience!
- Provide hands-on help at our many health seminars/talks.
- Support us at community outreach programs: engage, interact, and share with the public about our centre’s activities, courses and programs.
- Some events we have organised or participated in are: Mental Well-being and Mindfulness Seminars, World Mental Health Day, Active 50 Expo Exhibition, Singapore Patient Conference with Tan Tock Seng Hospital etc.
Be a Volunteer Befriender
Our Befriending Program seeks to provide care to discharged patients of stroke and mental health conditions, and also to provide support to their caregivers. Read more about the Befriending Program here (hyperlink to Befriending Program).
If you have the heart to offer compassionate companionship and support to the needy, join us as a volunteer befriender:
- You will be trained by our team of physiotherapists, care coordinators, counsellors and psychologist and also hospital clinicians so that you are equipped to provide support to patients and caregivers.
- After being trained, you will be matched with a patient (befriendee).
- Working in pairs, you will commit to 1-2 hours of your time each week visiting the patient and his/her caregiver(s) in their home.
- Befrienders engage in many activities to offer compassionate companionship and encourage healthy living and physical mobility during home visits. They may chat with their befriendees, play games with them, help them with exercises, or even exercise with them (in same cases), or simply lend a listening ear.
Other opportunities are awaiting you!
If you have other skills, passion or interests you’d like to offer, contact us now to find out how you can help! As we’ve said before, there’s something for everyone at Brahm Centre!
Corporate Volunteering Programs
Contact us to see how Brahm Centre can partner your company in your CSR programs.