mindfulness advanced course
Completion of our Mindfulness Foundation Course & Mindfulness Intermediate Course
• People who wish to deepen their mindfulness practice and are interested to help others benefit from mindfulness by becoming a mindfulness trainer
Duration: 3 days (residential)
This is an intensive and rigorous course.
You will engage in group reviews of the learning points from the 2 previous courses (Mindfulness Foundation Course and Mindfulness Intermediate Course). This will help you develop a deeper understanding and embodiment of the 6 foundational attitudes.
You will have the opportunity to conduct mindfulness teachings with one another and practise leading mindfulness practices.
• Acquiring proficiency in guiding mindfulness practices
• Understanding the pedagogy of the Mindfulness Foundation Course
• Earning a Certificate to Lead Mindfulness Sessions and Co-teach the Mindfulness Foundation Course
Upon further completion of 5 rounds of co-teaching and attendance of the MBSR program and a 5-day mindfulness retreat with Brahm Centre, you can apply to become a certified Mindfulness Foundation Course trainer.
What will you learn?
• Ample opportunities to deepen your mindfulness practice
• Experiential learning of the Mindfulness Foundation Course curriculum through peer teaching and feedback from instructors and peers
• Adopting the role of the teacher in leading mindfulness practices
• Practising the facilitation of inquiry and group dialogue
What is included?
• Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
• Gentle stretching and mindful movements
• Group dialogue and discussions
• Peer teaching and guidance of mindfulness practices in small groups
($96 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
* NSA subsidy eligibility: Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course.
Accommodation and meals:
There is a separate charge that is not claimable from SkillsFuture.
More questions? Please visit our FAQ page.