mindfulness in pain management
In this course, participants will learn to tune into their bodies and change their attitudes towards pain. They will become more aware of their thoughts about their pain and begin a transformative relationship that will help them cope with this pain better. They will learn strategies to shift their minds to what they can do from what they can’t.
Number of sessions: 8
Hours per session: 1.5
Pre-requisite: Have attended a mindfulness course
- Reduced Pain
- Improved Quality of Life
- Enhanced Well-Being
- Deeper Self-Compassion
In this course, we will investigate the following themes:
Session 1: Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Pain Management
Session 2: Perception and Attitudes Towards Pain
Session 3: Working with Intense Physical Sensations
Session 4: Working with Intense Thoughts and Emotions Associated with Pain
Session 5: Non-identifying with Pain
Session 6: Living with Pain in Our Daily Lives
Session 7: Cultivating Resilience in Pain Management
Session 8: Maintaining Momentum in Mindfulness
This course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair / cushion / yoga mat)
- Gentle stretching and tailored mindful movements
- Group dialogue and discussions
- Daily mindfulness assignments
- Downloadable daily practice audio files
Who Is This Course For?
- This course is for people who wish to learn how to meet their pain and suffering with kindness and self-compassion.
- Each participant is expected to attend all 8 sessions, with a minimum suggested duration of at least 45 minutes of daily practice.
- Pre-requisite: Have attended a mindfulness course.
$240 ($48 for eligible seniors* under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
*NSA subsidy eligibility
Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course