mindfulness in pain management
Pre-requisite: Completion of a mindfulness course
• People who wish to learn how to meet their pain and suffering with kindness and self-compassion
• Attendance at all 8 sessions is expected, with a recommended duration of at least 45 minutes of daily practice
Duration: 1.5 hours per session x 8 sessions
You will learn to tune into your body and change your attitude towards pain. By investigating the body and mind, you will begin a transformative relationship that will help you cope with both physical and emotional pain. With the cultivation of awareness that arises through the formal mindfulness practices, you will be able to recognise and respond to pain more effectively, thus enjoying a happier life.
• Reduced pain
• Improved quality of life
• Enhanced well-being
• Deeper self-compassion
What will you learn?
Session 1: Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Pain Management
Session 2: Perception and Attitudes Towards Pain
Session 3: Working with Intense Physical Sensations
Session 4: Working with Intense Thoughts and Emotions Associated with Pain
Session 5: Non-Identifying with Pain
Session 6: Living with Pain in Our Daily Lives
Session 7: Cultivating Resilience in Pain Management
Session 8: Maintaining Momentum in Mindfulness
What is included?
• Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair / cushion / yoga mat)
• Gentle stretching and tailored mindful movements
• Group dialogue and discussions
• Daily mindfulness assignments
• Downloadable daily practice audio files
($48 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
* NSA subsidy eligibility: Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course.
Meditation: Addressing Pain (credits to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)
More questions? Please visit our FAQ page.