mindfulness foundation course
This introductory mindfulness course is designed for anyone who wants to have an understanding of mindfulness, and start to apply mindfulness in their daily lives and enjoy the benefits.
In this course, you will learn how to train the mind to purposefully pay attention to the present moment, without judging the experience. You will be introduced to the connection between the mind and the body, explore the habits of the mind, investigate the stress triggers and one’s reactivity, understand anxiety and its impact. You will also learn how to cultivate kindness for yourself and others around you.
- Number of sessions: 4
- Hours per session: 2 hours
How Mindfulness helps with work, emotions and relationships
- Greater awareness of body and mind
- Improved Sleep Quality
- Reduction of Stress and Anxiety
- More Positive Mindset
- Enhancement of Relationships
In this course, we will investigate the following themes:
Session 1: Introduction to Mindfulness
Session 2: Be Right Where You Are
Session 3: Our Storytelling Minds
Session 4: Cultivating Kindness
This course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
- Group dialogue and discussions
- Daily mindfulness assignments
- Downloadable daily practice audio files
Who Is This Course For?
- This course is for people who have little or no knowledge of mindfulness and wish to learn more to live a happier and more fulfilling life.
- Each participant is expected to attend all 4 sessions, with a minimum suggested duration of at least 15 minutes of daily practice.
($32 for eligible seniors* under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy)
*NSA subsidy eligibility
Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident 50 years and above (in year of conducted course)
SkillsFuture Credit may be applied towards this course