mindfulness for kids
Mindfulness tools practiced in the educational environment enables teachers to cultivate keen abilities in sensing and responding to the demands of the diverse stakeholders in schools, students and parents to co-teachers, administration and management staff. Mindfulness aids in expanding the attentional control and emotional regulation eventually leading to more connectedness between the teacher and student.
- Enhanced well-being¹
- Improved attention, inhibition and grades²
- Reduced negative affect and improved meta-cognition³
1 Zoogman, S., Goldberg, S., Hoyt, W. and Miller, L. (2014). Mindfulness Interventions with Youth: A Meta-Analysis. Mindfulness,6(2), pp.290-302.
2 Zenner, C., Herrnleben-Kurz, S. and Walach, H. (2014). Mindfulness-based interventions in schools – a systematic review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychology, 5.
3 Vickery, C. and Dorjee, D. (2016). Mindfulness Training in Primary Schools Decreases Negative Affect and Increases Meta-Cognition in Children. Frontiers in Psychology, 6.
What you will learn,
- Parts of the brain known through neuroscience evidence to be impacted by mindfulness practice
- Ways to steady themselves
- Ways to respond rather than react
- How thinking processes impact their emotions and body state
- How mindfulness can support them in all the activities and relationships of their lives
What will this course include?
- Scientific knowledge
- PowerPoint lessons with a variety of film clips
- Short mindfulness meditation practices
- Fun-filled activities and games to introduce mindfulness concepts
- Discussion and exploration of experiences
- Daily practice encouragement and support (and therefore integration into life beyond school)
Who Is This Course For?
Who Is This Course For?
- For kids 7-12 years and their parents
- The child is expected to commit to attending all 6 sessions, with a minimum suggested duration of at least 5 minutes of daily practice
- At least one parent will be required to attend the course with the child; the Mindful Parenting course will be conducted in a separate classroom
- The registered parent is to attend all 6 sessions. Registration is not transferable between spouses; please ensure that the same registered parent can attend all sessions.
- 1 Parent + 1 Child: $320
- 1 Parent + 2 Children: $420
- 2 Parents + 1 Child: $420
- 2 Parents + 2 Children: $480
More questions? Please visit our FAQ page.