mindfulness advance course
In this 3-day residential advance course, participants will engage in group reviews of the deeper learnings of the two previous courses (Mindfulness Foundation Course and Mindfulness Intermediate Course). Participants will develop a deeper understanding and embodiment of the 5 foundational attitudes.
Participants will have the opportunity to conduct mindfulness teachings with each other and practise leading mindfulness practices.
The completion of this course will earn the student a Certificate to Lead Mindfulness Sessions and Co-teach the Mindfulness Foundation Course. Upon completion of 5 rounds of co-teaching and attendance of MBSR and a 5-day mindfulness retreat at Brahm Centre, you can apply to become a certified Mindfulness Foundation Course trainer.
Course Duration: 3 days (Residential)
Course Prerequisite: Must have taken the Mindfulness Foundation and Intermediate courses at Brahm Centre.
- Become proficient in guiding mindfulness practices
- Demonstrate understanding of the pedagogy of the Mindfulness Foundation Course
- Upon completion of the Mindfulness Advance Course, participants will be awarded a Certificate to Lead Mindfulness Sessions and Co-teach the Mindfulness Foundation Course. Upon completion of 5 rounds of co-teaching and attendance of MBSR and a 5-day mindfulness retreat at Brahm Centre, you can apply to become a certified Mindfulness Foundation Course trainer.
The course is intensive and rigorous in which participants will have ample opportunities to deepen their mindfulness practice. Experiential learning of the MFC curriculum is designed through peer teaching and feedback from instructors and peers. Participants will take on the role of the teacher in leading mindfulness practices and practise inquiry and group dialogue.
This course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
- Gentle stretching and mindful movements
- Group dialogue and discussions
Peer teaching and guidance of mindfulness practices in small groups.
Who Is This Course For?
- This course is exclusively for graduates of our 4-week Mindfulness Foundation Course and Mindfulness Intermediate Course who wish to deepen their mindfulness practice and lead others in formal mindfulness practices
- This course is also targeted at individuals who demonstrate an interest in becoming a mindfulness trainer
- Pre-requisite: Completion of Mindfulness Foundation Course & Mindfulness Intermediate Course
- Course Fee (amount claimable from SkillsFuture)
- $96 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy
(Singaporeans or Permanent Residents aged 50 and above in year of conducted course)
- SkillsFuture Credit may be applied.
- Accommodation and Meals
- There is a separate charge for accommodation and meals in this residential course.
- Accommodation and meals are NOT claimable from SkillsFuture (only the course fee portion is claimable)