coming to your senses mindfulness course
This 5-day 4-night residential mindfulness secular retreat will enhance our awareness of how our senses are provoked and help us better understand how we can manage the stress triggers in our life. While real threats do affect us, the added stress can come from our imagined threats.
Awareness helps us to identify the stress triggers and apply the appropriate antidotes to quieten down the mind. We have choices in how we respond to each situation we encounter. We can either be passively driven by our habitual patterns or be woken up to adjust these patterns of habit to change the course of our life.
Instead of seeing how the world is treating us, we learn to see how we are treating the world; waking up our senses to how we impact the world, we see if we’re adding goodness to it or taking away from it. We rid of our insensitivity and destructive habits to cultivate sensitivity towards others and build constructive habits.
A mind that is calm and clear is more resilient and able to bounce back with greater speed and ease when a crisis is experienced.
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights (Overseas Residential)
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Calmness of mind
- Heightened resilience
This retreat includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices (choice of sitting on a chair or cushion)
- Sessions of contemplation and teachings
- Group dialogue and discussions
Who Is This Course For?
- This retreat is suitable for individuals who wish to strengthen their mindfulness practice with deeper understanding of the role of our senses in connecting deeper to ourselves and the world around us
- Prior experience with mindfulness meditation is recommended but not required
- Course Fee (amount claimable from SkillsFuture)
- $154 for eligible seniors under the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy
(Singaporeans or Permanent Residents aged 50 and above in year of conducted course)
- SkillsFuture Credit may be applied.
- Accommodation and Meals
- There is a separate charge for accommodation and meals in this residential course.
- Accommodation and meals are NOT claimable from SkillsFuture (only the course fee portion is claimable)