Our Care Management team comprises care coordinators who manage cases of clients with mental health conditions, providing a vital link between them and the mental health support networks.
Who are our Clients?
Our clients are members of the community who have mental health conditions like depression or dementia and who face challenges such as being frail, having financial difficulties, or not having the necessary support or care. Their caregivers may also suffer from the stress of caring for them.
Clients are often referred to us by our community partners in MacPherson, Simei and Tampines – including the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), Family Service Centres (FSCs), Silver Generation Office and other grassroots organisations, as well as hospitals.
What do our Care Coordinators offer?
After receiving the referrals from our community partners, our care coordinator who act as case managers, would visit clients at their homes to assess their situation, study their needs, provide emotional support and work towards providing holistic care to clients and their caregivers.
Some examples of the help our care coordinators provide:
- Educate clients and their caregivers on how to manage mental health conditions like dementia and depression
- Counselling and emotional support to clients and their caregivers
- Encourage clients to engage in social activities
- For clients who are defaulting on medical appointments, help them make appointments or even accompany them on doctors’ visits
- Work with community partners to ensure clients’ medication compliance
– providing medication packing services etc.
- Link clients up with social service offices to get financial assistance
- Connect clients with medical institutions for relevant medical assistance
- Liaise with bodies to provide meals for clients who need them
- For the frail elderly, our care coordinators also help arrange for the installation of safety aids around the house to prevent falls.
Outcomes of our Community Mental Health Programmes. Data correct as of 30 Jun 2018.
Living well. Ageing well. Seek help early.
Know of anyone in the areas of MacPherson, Tampines and Simei who may have mental health conditions and needs help? Contact our Care Management team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early intervention can help treat the symptoms of dementia. Sign up for dementia screening for yourself, your loved ones or friends. Learn more about dementia screening.