Our care management team comprises care coordinators who manage cases of clients with mental health conditions, providing a vital link between them and mental health support networks.
Who are our clients?
Our clients are community members who have mental health conditions, like depression or dementia, and face challenges such as being frail, having financial difficulties or not having the necessary support or care. Their caregivers may also suffer from the stress of caring for them.
Clients are often referred to us by our community partners in MacPherson, Simei, Tampines, Moulmein-Cairnhill and Geylang Serai – including the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), Family Service Centres (FSCs), Silver Generation Office, other grassroots organisations and hospitals.
What do our care coordinators do?
Our care coordinators act as case managers and visit clients at their homes to assess their situation, study their needs and provide emotional support. They work towards providing holistic care to clients and their caregivers.
How do we help?
• Educate clients and their caregivers on how to better manage mental health conditions, like dementia and depression
• Provide counselling and emotional support to clients and their caregivers
• Encourage clients to engage in social activities
• Make medical appointments for clients who are defaulting on them or even accompany them on doctors’ visits
• Work with community partners to ensure clients’ medication compliance, such as by providing medication packing services
• Connect clients with medical institutions to get medical assistance
• Liaise with social service agencies to provide meals for clients who need them
• Arrange for the installation of safety aids around the home of the frail elderly to prevent falls
Outcomes of our Community Mental Health Programmes. Data correct as of 30 Jun 2018.
Live well. Age well. Seek help early.
Know of anyone living in MacPherson, Simei, Tampines, Moulmein-Cairnhill and Geylang Serai who may need help with managing their mental health conditions?
Please contact our care management team at email@example.com.