Our Care Management team currently comprises 3 care coordinators who manage cases of clients with mental health conditions, providing a vital link between them and the mental health support networks.
Who are our Clients?
Our clients are members of the community who have mental health conditions like depression or dementia, which often go undetected and untreated. They may be elderly, frail, have financial difficulties, or may not have the necessary support or care. Their caregivers may also suffer from the stress of caring for their loved ones.
Clients are often referred to us by community partners – including the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), Family Service Centres (FSCs), Pioneer Generation Office (PGO) and Community Clubs – in the areas of MacPherson, Simei and Tampines.
What do our Care Coordinators offer?
After receiving the referrals from our community partners, our care coordinators, who act as case managers, would visit clients at their homes to assess their situation, study their needs, provide emotional support and work towards providing holistic care to clients and their caregivers.
Some examples of the things our care coordinators do to help:
- Educate clients and their caregivers on how to manage mental health conditions like dementia and depression
- Provide counselling and emotional support to clients and their caregivers
- Encourage clients to engage in social activities
- For clients who are defaulting on medical appointments, help them make appointments or even accompany them on doctors’ visits
- Work with community partners to ensure clients’ medication compliance
– providing medication packing services etc.
- Link clients up with social service offices to get financial assistance
- Connect clients with medical institutions for relevant medical assistance
- Liaise with bodies to provide meals for clients who need them
- For the frail elderly, our care coordinators also help arrange for the installation of safety aids around the house to prevent falls.
Living well. Ageing well. Seek help early.
Know of anyone in the areas of MacPherson, Tampines and Simei who may have mental health conditions and needs help?
Know of anyone in the areas of MacPherson, Tampines and Simei who may have mental health conditions and needs help? Contact our Care Management team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early intervention can help treat the symptoms of dementia. Sign up for dementia screening for yourself, your loved ones or friends. Learn more about demential screening.