Mindfulness is a key component of the programs that Brahm Centre offers as it is an essential life skill to build mental resilience. Through the cultivation of mindfulness, Brahm Centre aims to empower people to create their own happiness.
Taking time to pause and maintaining focus in the present moment is becoming a challenge for many. We often find ourselves feeling stressed but we can choose to take appropriate action to reduce our stress levels and lead happier and healthier lives by practising mindfulness.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is being fully aware of the present moment, on purpose, and without judgement. Paying attention to one’s moment-to-moment experience of thoughts, feeelings and bodily sensations allows people to recognize how the mind and the body respond in stressful situations. This will help improve both physical and mental health, bringing about greater attentional control, emotional regulation and self-awareness.
Benefits of Mindfulness
Many studies have pointed to the benefits of practising mindfulness in improving our psychological functioning. In a review of empirical studies by Keng et al (2011), mindfulness has shown benefits in:
- Reducing self-reported levels of anxiey, depression, anger, perceived stress
- Improving positive affect, self-compassion, empathy, satisfaction with life and quality of life
Apart from our psychological health, mindfulness improves our physical health as well. Mindfulness helps in:
- Better quality of sleep
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Reducing chronic pain
For some, the ability to focus attention and stay undistracted can be challenging. Research has shown that practising mindfulness helps in our cognitive functioning, with improvements in working memory capacity and attentional functioning.
How to cultivate Mindfulness?
You can choose to join our range of mindfulness courses offered across the year:
- Mindfulness Course for Beginners
- Intermediate Mindfulness Course
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Retreat
- Mindfulness Course for Teenagers and Parents (.b)
- Mindfulness Course for Children and Parents (Paws b)
- Mindfulness @ Work
For more information regarding Mindfulness, please email: email@example.com